|Have a question?
E-MAIL NOW OR CALL 310-821-2888
SOLD Rare Ben Harper Owned and Played Signature Lap Steel with 1960s Horseshoe Pickup - Vintage Gold
THIS GUITAR IS SOLD
This is a really special add to the Asher store and comes with a certificate of authenticity signed by Ben Harper.
"This is a rare gold top signature model that I made for Ben Harper in 2001 - we both decided to modify it for custom electronics to expand the tone options and acoustic range of the lap steel.
We installed a vintage 1960s Rickenbacker Horseshoe pickup with handmade coil and a Duncan Custom Shop 59er in the neck position. I wired it with a master volume, series/parallel for the neck humbucker, with a 3 way pickup selector. We decided to install a Fishman under saddle acoustic pickup which has its own output jack at the butt end of the guitar.
This is an incredible set up when going through two amplifiers. You achieve an amazing big stereo sound. Ben used this both in the studio and live." Bill Asher
"I'm as excited about having this guitar in the world as much as my music really. It's that amazing of an electric guitar." - Ben Harper
The Ben Harper Signature Model lap steel guitar simultaneously captures the classic vibe and tone of the revered '59 Less Paul guitar with the feel and sustain of a vintage Weissenborn lap steel.
Asher's modern design creates tremendous playability and increased tone options for a more creative and musical experience. This model is hand-built using the finest tone woods and hardware available. Truly a unique hybrid, the Ben Harper Signature Model may be one of the most exciting lap steels ever built.
- STYLE: 6-string lap steel
- SERIAL NUMBER: 049
- SCALE LENGTH: 25 inches
- NECK & BODY: neck-through solid African mahogany with cylindrical tone chambers
- TOP: koa
- PICKUPS: 1960s Rickenbacker Horseshoe with hand wound bobbin bridge, Duncan Custom Shop '59 Humbucker neck
- PICKUP SWITCHING: three-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume/series parallel switch
- KNOBS: gold top hat with custom tortoise cap
- FRET BOARD: koa
- BRIDGE: koa
- MACHINE HEADS: Kluson butter bean
- NUT: bone
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 3/8 inches
- COLOR: Vintage Gold
- FINISH: poly lacquer
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 18
- STRINGS: Asher Electro Hawaiian ® Lap Steel strings
- CERTIFICATE: signed by Ben Harper
*Free US Shipping, discounted international shipping
Regular price $4,075 Sale price $3,975
Regular price $5,200 Sale price $4,200
Regular price $1,175 from $975
Regular price $799 from $675