This item is sold. Email us if you want one just like it.
This beautiful lap steel has a unique pickup combination using the new Lollar replica Gold Foil in the neck position as made famous for slide guitar by Ry Cooder. In the bridge position there is a Lollar Chicago Steel pickup. This set up gives players a single coil vintage slide tone that is incredible.
This is a masterfully built instrument crafted from superior grade Hawaiian Koa and beautifully exhibits vintage and modern details. The design of this lap steel was inspired by the Herman Weissenborn Hawaiian acoustic lap steel from the 1930's and with collaboration with musician Ben Harper, Asher came up with this electrified lap steel version. This lap steel has great low end and high-end response, clean or with overdrive - the sustain and acoustic overtones are unbeatable.
This is a special custom shop build with Gold Foil replica pickup (neck) and Chicago Steel pickup - both by Jason Lollar. This pickup combo Bill wanted to create a more traditional lap steel tone.
- STYLE: 6-string lap steel
- SCALE LENGTH: 25 inches
- NECK & BODY: neck-through solid African mahogany with cylindrical tone chambers
- TOP: flamed koa
- DETAILS: herringbone and ivoroid binding
- PICKUPS: Lollar Gold Foil (neck), Lollar Chicago Steel (bridge)
- PICKUP SWITCHING: three-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume and master tone
- KNOBS: vintage-style knobs
- FRET BOARD: koa
- BRIDGE: maple
- MACHINE HEADS: Kluson by Tone Pros
- NUT: micarta
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 3/16 inches
- COLOR: natural gloss poly
- FINISH: poly lacquer
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 20
- STRINGS: Asher Electro Hawaiian ® Lap Steel strings
- CASE: deluxe custom hard shell case
- RETAIL PRICE: $2950
See a video demo by Bill Asher of this lap steel...its great!
*International buyers are responsible for all customs, duties and taxes.
**It may take 3-10 business days to do a final quality check before the guitar ships.