Ben Harper Signature 6
Inspired by Asher's lap steel, the Electro Sonic guitar is designed for bottle-neck players and guitarists looking for fat tone and great sustain. The neck is hand carved with a smooth transition into the body for easy access to the upper frets. This instrument has perfectly detailed fret work and the final set up, which is performed by Bill Asher himself, insures the guitar's professional feel and brilliant performance.
The Ben Harper Signature Model lap steel simultaneously captures the classic tone of the revered '59 Les Paul guitar, the unique vibe of a vintage Weissenborn, with the feel and sustain of an Asher lap steel.
Bill Asher's modern design creates tremendous playability and increased tone options for a more creative and musical experience. Each instrument is hand built using the finest tone woods, hardware, electronics, and lacquer finish available. Truly a unique hybrid, the Ben Harper Signature Model may be one of the most exciting lap steels ever built.
- STYLE: 6-string electric lap steel
- SCALE LENGTH: 25-inches
- NECK AND BODY: neck through body construction with African mahogany or okoume, with cylindrical tone chambers
- TOP: flame maple
- PICKUPS: 2 Seymour Duncan Custom Shop 59'-Style Humbuckers
- SWITCHING: 3-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume and master tone for each pickup
- KNOBS: gold top hat
- FRETBOARD: Indian Rosewood
- NUMBER OF FRET LINES: 22
- NUT: Graph Tech
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 1/8 inchs
- BRIDGE: T.O.M by Tone Pros
- TAILPIECE: Featherweight by Tone Pros
- MACHINE HEADS: Kluson Deluxe with keystone buttons
- COLOR: cherry burst, tobacco burst, or vintage gold
- FINISH: nitro or poly
- STRINGS: Electro Hawaiian Lap Steel Strings
- CASE: custom hardshell case by TKL