THIS ASHER GUITAR IS NOW SOLD - EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT ME TO BUILD YOU ONE JUST LIKE IT.
"I'm as excited about having this guitar in the world as much as my music really. It's that amazing of an electric guitar." - Ben Harper
This Signature Model 6-string lap steel guitar was created for Ben Harper by Bill Asher to simultaneously capture the classic tones of the revered '59 Less Paul guitar with the feel and vibe of a Weissenborn. Asher guitars are widely known for their incredible sustain, versatile tone, and uncompromising craftsmanship.
Asher's modern design creates tremendous playability and increased tone options for a more creative and musical experience. This model is hand-built using the finest tone woods and hardware available. Truly a unique hybrid, the Ben Harper Signature Model may be one of the most exciting lap steels ever built.
- STYLE: 6-string lap steel
- SCALE LENGTH: 25 inches
- NECK & BODY: neck-through solid African mahogany with cylindrical tone chambers
- TOP: flamed maple
- PICKUPS: 2 Seymour Duncan Custom Shop '59-Style Humbuckers
- PICKUP SWITCHING: three-way toggle
- CONTROLS: master volume and master tone for each pickup
- KNOBS: gold top hat
- FRET BOARD: Indian rosewood
- BRIDGE & TAILPIECE: by Tone Pros
- MACHINE HEADS: Kluson Deluxe with keystone buttons
- NUT: Micarta
- STRING SPACING: nut: 1 3/4 inches, bridge: 2 1/8 inches
- COLOR: Cherry Burst
- FINISH Type: Nitro cellulose lacquer
- NUMBER OF FRETS: 22
- STRINGS: Asher Electro Hawaiian ® Lap Steel strings