“The Mozo is one of the more unique guitar designs and collaborations that I've done. It's a thrill to see it up on stage being played in front of thousands of people!”
The Asher "Mozo" guitar is a design collaboration between Bill Asher and Jason Mozersky, Austin artist and currently Ben Harper's guitarist. It is a custom electric guitar inspired by the early 1960s stack knob Jazz Bass, Strat and Telecaster.
It blends qualities from some pretty cool vintage guitars, including the headstock shape, which is from one of Ben Harper's 1920's Knutsen Hawaiian guitars.
The volume and tone are independently wired - with stacked knobs - which allows you to blend as much volume and tone in each pickup as you like, resulting in some very unique tonal characters.
And the custom Mozo pickups are crafted at the Duncan Custom Shop by Derek Duncan- the bridge is a punchy flat pole 50's wind and the neck is a Charlie Christian replica.
- model: Mozo
- body: Swamp Ashe or Alder
- finish: nitro satin or gloss lacquer
- neck: quarter-sawn maple
- fingerboard: rosewood or one piece maple
- bridge: Asher vintage cut, nickel
- machine heads: Kluson, 6-on-a-side
- pickguard: custom bakelite, tortoise, metal
- pickups: Seymour Duncan Custom Shop "Mozo"
- fretwire: Dunlop
- controls: stacked knobs
- case: G & G hardshell
- weight: aprox. 6.5 to 7.5 lbs
- price: $3750 and up, depending on options
CUSTOM COLORS AND OPTIONS AVAILABLE - AND ARE NOT LIMITED TO THE BELOW EXAMPLES
Lake Placid Blue
Performing on Stage
Dixie Chicks World Tour 2017
Performance at the White House for President Obama
Bill, Natalie and Jason